The Ministry of Interior Affairs is saddled with the responsibility of issuing the expatriate quota approval in Nigeria.
you may visit their website on https://ecitibiz.interior.gov.ng
Typically, the first EQ approval (Establishment Grant) is usually valid for an initial period of three years, and thereafter renewable every two years. You may therefore handle your query in three ways thus:
1. You may write to the ministry of interior with full explanations and attaching the requisite details.
2. You may apply for a "Redesignation of Quota'' and attach the requisite documents.
3. You may apply for a renewal and attach a letter asking for the removal of the stated person. Then his details would also not be added to the renewal processing documents.
Kindly have the following documents (in addition to others as may be required) ready for your endeavour:
- Tax Clearance Certificate (original to be presented for sighting);
- Expatriate Quota Returns
- Training Programme for Nigerians;
- List of Nigerian Senior/Management Staff showing names designations, qualifications, salaries per annum;
- Certified Current Audited Accounts; and
- Annual income tax Clearance Certificate of the Expatriate staff (original to be presented for sighting);
After removal, kindly note that you should file an updated particulars of directors/shareholding with the Corporate Affairs Commission if the removed expartiate was a shareholder or secretary or director that left the company.
If your company is sector specific and regulated by individual laws e.g. Petroleum, Banking, etc, you would also have to notify the relevant regulatory body.
hope you find this helpful.